Grid 20/20: Focus on Resilience (Fuel Mix Diversity & Security)
The purpose of Grid 20/20: Focus on Resilience (Fuel Mix Diversity & Security) is to facilitate a discussion that will explore fuel mix diversity and security issues and their intersection with Resilience. This is the first of two events focused on resilience.
PJM conducted an analysis to evaluate resource diversity through a reliability lens and to identify a range of resource fuel mixes that effectively manage reliability risks. Panelists will provide responses and perspectives on fuel mix diversity and security, offer thoughts on the definition of resilience and its intersection with fuel security and, finally, provide perspectives on potential solutions to the matters discussed.
Panel members will define and consider solutions pertaining to:
- Fuel Mix Diversity and Security
- Resilience, including with respect to Fuel Mix Diversity and Security
- Solution Perspectives
Philadelphia Airport Marriott
One Arrivals Road, Terminal B, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19153
|Wednesday, April 19
||Welcome, Opening Remarks & PJM Perspective
- Andy Ott, President & CEO, PJM Interconnection, LLC
- Mike Bryson, Vice President, Operations, PJM Interconnection, LLC
||Panel 1: Fuel Mix Diversity and Security – Panelists will respond to the PJM resource diversity and security analysis and provide perspectives on other ways reliability risks may be evaluated.
Moderator: Mike Bryson, Vice President, Operations, PJM Interconnection, LLC
||Panel 2: Resilience – Panelists will focus on providing perspectives to what resilience means and in particular the intersection between resilience and fuel mix diversity and security.
Moderator: Stu Bresler, Sr. Vice President, Operations and Markets, PJM Interconnection, LLC
- Cara Lewis, Associate General Regulatory Counsel, PSEG
- Jeff Weathers, Resource Planning Manager, Southern Company
- Robert Kott, Operations Policy Manager, Regional Operations Policy and Analytics, CAISO
- Jonathon Monken, Sr. Director, System Resiliency and Strategic Coordination, PJM Interconnection
||Panel 3: Solution Perspectives – This panel will focus on the various perspectives to solution ideas that have been presented in the PJM analysis as well as in the industry.
Moderator: Denise Foster, Vice President, State and Member Services, PJM Interconnection, LLC
- Stu Bresler, Sr. Vice President, Operations and Markets, PJM Interconnection, LLC