Grid 20/20: Focus on Resource Diversity
PJM facilitated a discussion on the impacts of shifting trends in resource types, as well as the benefits and challenges associated with achieving a reliable resource mix.
PJM assembled industry experts and executives to discuss the following topics:
- Is the changing fuel mix a problem?
- What are the opportunities and challenges presented by the changing resource mix?
- What are the implications of the EPA CO2 rule?
- What role do wholesale energy markets play to achieve a diverse and reliable fuel mix?
- How are policies and regulators shaping the resource mix? What is their role in the achieving a reliable balance in the future?
- What are the impacts on a local, national, and global level?
- Lessons learned from those who have experience with rapidly changing resource dynamics
Mayflower Renaissance Hotel, Washington, D.C.
|Welcoming Remarks – Terry Boston, President and CEO – PJM Interconnection
|Keynote Speaker – Cheryl A. LaFleur, Chair – Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
Impacts: Opportunities and Challenges of Changing Resource Mix
Moderator - Philip D. Moeller, Commissioner – Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
|Impacts: Opportunities and Challenges of Changing Resource Mix Q&A
|Lunch with Special Guest Speakers
- David Owens, Executive Vice President – Edison Electric Institute
- Ralph Cavanagh, Co-Director, Energy Program – Natural Resources Defense Council
Potential Solutions: Ways to Achieve a Reliable Resource Mix
Moderators - Michael J. Kormos, Executive Vice President - Operations – PJM Interconnection
Andrew L. Ott, Executive Vice President - Markets – PJM Interconnection
- Mark Karl, Vice President, Market Development – ISO New England
- David Kolata, Executive Director – Illinois Citizens Utility Board
- Don Moul, Vice President of Commodity Operations – FirstEnergy Solutions
- Lloyd M. Yates, Executive Vice President of Market Solutions – Duke Energy
|Potential Solutions: Ways to Achieve a Reliable Resource Mix Q & A
Closing Keynote Speaker - Lawrence J. Makovich – Vice President and Senior Advisor for Global Power, IHS CERA
|Closing Remarks - Chantal Hendrzak, Executive Director of Operations Support – PJM Interconnection