Grid 20/20: Focus on Resource Diversity
Please join us as we explore the impacts of shifting trends in resource types, as well as the benefits and challenges associated with achieving a reliable resource mix.
Registration for this event in now closed. Please email Janell Fabiano to be added to the waiting list. Thank you for your interest in Grid 20/20.
PJM has assembled industry experts and executives to discuss the following topics:
- Is the changing fuel mix a problem?
- What are the opportunities and challenges presented by the changing resource mix?
- What are the implications of the EPA CO2 rule?
- What role do wholesale energy markets play to achieve a diverse and reliable fuel mix?
- How are policies and regulators shaping the resource mix? What is their role in the achieving a reliable balance in the future?
- What are the impacts on a local, national, and global level?
- Lessons learned from those who have experience with rapidly changing resource dynamics
Who should attend
PJM members, state regulatory commissioners, electric utilities, power marketers, consumer advocates, consultants, staff members of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, and other government officials.
Mayflower Renaissance Hotel, Washington, D.C.
Dedicated booking website
Discounted hotel rate - $269
Reservations Toll Free: 877-212-5752
Reservations Local Phone: 1-202-347-3000
Group Code: “PJM Interconnection”
Monday, October 20, 2014
|6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
|7:30 - 8:30 a.m.
|8:30 - 8:45 a.m.
||Welcoming Remarks – Terry Boston, CEO - PJM Interconnection
|8:45 - 9:15 a.m.
||Keynote Speaker – Cheryl A. LaFleur, Chair - Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
|9:15 - 10:15 a.m.
Impacts: Opportunities and Challenges of Changing Resource Mix
Moderator - Philip D. Moeller, Commissioner - Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
|10:15 - 10:30 a.m.
|10:30 - 11:45 a.m.
||Impacts: Opportunities and Challenges of Changing Resource Mix Q&A
|11:45 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
||Lunch with Special Guest Speakers
- David Owens, Executive Vice President - Edison Electric Institute
- Ralph Cavanagh, Co-Director, Energy Program - Natural Resources Defense Council
|1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
Potential Solutions: Ways to Achieve a Reliable Resource Mix
Moderators - Mike Kormos, Executive Vice President - Operations - PJM Interconnection
Andrew L. Ott, Executive Vice President - Markets - PJM Interconnection
- Mark Karl, Vice President, Market Development – ISO New England
- David Kolata, Executive Director - Illinois Citizens Utility Board
- Don Moul, Vice President of Commodity Operations – FirstEnergy Solutions
- Lloyd M. Yates, Executive Vice President of Market Solutions – Duke Energy
|2:00 - 2:15 p.m.
|2:15 - 3:30 p.m.
||Potential Solutions: Ways to Achieve a Reliable Resource Mix Q & A
|3:30 - 4:00 p.m.
||Closing Keynote Speaker - Lawrence J. Makovich – Vice President and Senior Advisor for Global Power, IHS CERA
||Closing Remarks – Chantal Hendrzak, Executive Director of Operations Support - PJM Interconnection