2012 Regional Transmission Expansion Plan Report
PJM’s Regional Transmission Expansion Plan identifies transmission system additions and improvements needed to keep electricity flowing to the millions of people throughout PJM’s region. PJM’s annual RTEP Report describes transmission study input data, processes and results, as well as PJM Board-approved transmission upgrades and process changes during the previous year. Periodically, PJM publishes white papers that present study input parameters and address transmission planning topics of current stakeholder interest.
- Book 1 (13MB, PDF): “PJM 2012 RTEP in Review” provides a summary of results from 2012 RTEP near-term generator deactivation, baseline, scenario, interregional and market efficiency studies. Book 1 also discusses FERC Order No. 1000 compliance and other RTEP process reforms underway.
- Book 2 (11MB, PDF): “Scope and Input Assumptions” summarizes 2012 RTEP input assumptions that drove 2012 RTEP process cycle studies, including the public policy drivers mandated by the states within PJM’s footprint. Book 2 also describes planning criteria – including those specified by NERC – and the PJM RTEP process methodologies used to test the PJM transmission system for compliance within the context of the criteria and scope of each study discussed in Book 3 and Book 4.
- Book 3 (13MB, PDF): “Baseline, Interregional and Market Efficiency Results” provides descriptions and results from those studies conducted as part of PJM’s 2012 RTEP process cycle of studies. In particular, Book 3 also discusses the unprecedented set of studies PJM conducted to identify the reliability impacts imposed by generator deactivations.
- Book 4 (8MB, PDF): “Scenario Study Results” discusses 2012 RTEP scenario studies that examined the impact of federal and state public policy initiatives on PJM from the perspective of at-risk generation, renewable portfolio standards and higher than forecasted load levels.
- Book 5 (38MB, PDF): “PJM RTEP State Summaries” offers a state-by-state review of input parameters including load and generation (renewable and nonrenewable), major RTEP upgrades, summaries of scenario studies and interregional studies as well as the regulatory and public policy landscape now underlying PJM’s regional transmission expansion planning process.
- Book 3, Section 4 Errata (1 MB, PDF)
In order an electronic version of the report on CD, please contact PJM Member Relations. Please include the mailing address of where you want your copy sent to along with the number of copies desired in the comments section of the form. The CD electronic version as well as the full posted report file feature an interactive topical index.
Table of RTEP Upgrades & Construction Status
2012 Input Data, Assumptions and ScopePDF
Appendix 1: Machine ListPDF
Appendix 2: Interconnection Service Agreement & FSA GenerationPDF
RTEP Reports & White Papers
2015 |2014 | 2013 | 2011 | 2010