2012 Regional Transmission Expansion Plan Report
PJM’s Regional Transmission Expansion Plan (RTEP) identifies transmission system enhancements needed to keep electricity flowing to more than 60 million people throughout 13 states and the District of Columbia. RTEP studies test the transmission system against mandatory NERC national standards and PJM regional standards. The goal of this series of five books is to communicate with stakeholders with greater detail and transparency about RTEP study assumptions, study drivers and study results.
- Book 1 (13MB, PDF): “PJM 2012 RTEP in Review” provides a summary of results from 2012 RTEP near-term generator deactivation, baseline, scenario, interregional and market efficiency studies. Book 1 also discusses FERC Order No. 1000 compliance and other RTEP process reforms underway.
- Book 2 (11MB, PDF): “Scope and Input Assumptions” summarizes 2012 RTEP input assumptions that drove 2012 RTEP process cycle studies, including the public policy drivers mandated by the states within PJM’s footprint. Book 2 also describes planning criteria – including those specified by NERC – and the PJM RTEP process methodologies used to test the PJM transmission system for compliance within the context of the criteria and scope of each study discussed in Book 3 and Book 4.
- Book 3 (13MB, PDF): Book 3: “Baseline, Interregional and Market Efficiency Results” provides descriptions and results from those studies conducted as part of PJM’s 2012 RTEP process cycle of studies. In particular, Book 3 also discusses the unprecedented set of studies PJM conducted to identify the reliability impacts imposed by generator deactivations.
- Book 4 (8MB, PDF): “Scenario Study Results” discusses 2012 RTEP scenario studies that examined the impact of federal and state public policy initiatives on PJM from the perspective of at-risk generation, renewable portfolio standards and higher than forecasted load levels.
- Book 5 (38MB, PDF): “PJM RTEP State Summaries” offers a state-by-state review of input parameters including load and generation (renewable and nonrenewable), major RTEP upgrades, summaries of scenario studies and interregional studies as well as the regulatory and public policy landscape now underlying PJM’s regional transmission expansion planning process.
- Book 3, Section 4 Errata (1 MB, PDF)
In order an electronic version of the report on CD, please contact PJM Member Relations. Please include the mailing address of where you want your copy sent to along with the number of copies desired in the comments section of the form. The CD electronic version as well as the full posted report file feature an interactive topical index.
Table of all RTEP Upgrades
PJM White Paper: 2012 Input Data, Assumptions and Scope (PDF)
PJM White Paper Appendix 1: Machine List (PDF)
PJM White Paper Appendix 2: Interconnection Service Agreement (ISA) and FSA Generation (PDF)
2011 RTEP Report
2010 RTEP Report
2009 RTEP Report
2008 RTEP Report
2007 RTEP Report