PPL and PSE&G Assigned Baseline Project with PJM Ids
- PPL b0487 and b0487.1
- PSE&G b0489 and b0489.1 through b0489.9
- Build a new 500 kV transmission line Susquehanna – Lackawanna – Hopatcong – Roseland.
- In PA, upgrade of eight 230kV and one 500kV substations as well as construct one new 500kV substation with 500/230 kV transformation at Lackawanna
- In NJ, upgrade a 230kV and install two 500kV substations one with 500/230kV transformation at Roseland.
Based on the PJM analysis of 2012, the Susquehanna – Roseland project is required to resolve reliability criteria violations starting June 1, 2012
- The National Park Service (NPS) issued a Record of Decision (ROD) on October 2,2012 and a Special Use (Construction) Permit on December 12, 2012.
- PSE&G obtained written approval of the Project from NJ BPU on April 2010; a NJDEP Wetland and Flood Hazard Area Permits was issued on October 4, 2012.
- PPL obtained written approval of the project from PA PUC on February 12, 2010.
- On July 11, 2011, the Commonwealth Court issued an opinion affirming the Pennsylvania PUC's order that approved the siting and construction of the Pennsylvania portion of the Susquehanna-Roseland 500 kV transmission line. In affirming the Commission's order, the Court rejected the Energy Conservation Council's challenge to the need for the line and the Office of Consumer Advocate's challenge to beginning any construction of the line before all federal and state approvals have been obtained.
- PJM required in service: June 1, 2012.
- PPL - the Susquehanna to Lackawanna portion of the project was placed in-service on September 23, 2014. The remainder (Lackawanna to Hopatcong 500kV circuit) was placed in-service on May 11, 2015.
- PSE&G - the Roseland to Hopatcong portion of the Project was energized March 31, 2014. The remainder of the Project was energized and placed in-service on May 11, 2015.
- PA all of the additional right of way required for the project has been secured
- PSE&G NJ minor additional right of way has been completed
Engineering / Design
- Overhead Transmission Design: PPL 100% complete, PSE&G 100% complete
- Substation Design: PPL 100% complete, PSE&G 100% complete
Equipment Procurement / Delivery
- Material contracts awarded through the fourth quarter of 2014: PPL 100%, PSE&G 100%
- Material contracts delivered through the fourth quarter of 2014: PPL 100%, PSE&G 100%
- PPL has completed all overhead line construction.
- PPL has completed all substation construction.
- PSE&G all 230kV and 500kV work is complete and in-service. Access Road restoration punch list items and Off-ROW restoration work continues.
- PSE&G has submitted required outages from Roseland to Kittatinny.
- eDART 383779 (Montville to Roseland E-2205) 9.29.2013 – 1.31.2014 (complete)
- eDART 402888 (Lake Illif – Newton N-2214) 12.29.2013 – 2.28.2014 (complete)
- eDART 384036 (Kittatiny – Newton T-2298) 3.5.2014 – 5.31.2014 (complete)
- eDART 476763 (Ramapo – Branchburg 5018) 2.7.2014 - 2.23.2014 (complete)
- eDART 552540 (Hopatcong – Roseland 5061) 3.31.2014 (complete)
- eDART 556660 (Lake Illif – Newton N-2214) 9.15.2014 – 09.18.2014 (complete)
- All future PPL outages are being evaluated by PJM. PPL has submitted:
- eDART 470083 (Peckville – Blooming Grove 230kV line) 3.1.2013 – 10.31.2013 (complete)
- eDART 490127 (Bushkill – Kittatinny 230kV line) 11.1.2013 – 2.28.2014 (complete)
- eDART 510174 (Peckville – Blooming Grove 230kV line) 3.4.2014 – 6.30.2014 (complete)
- eDART 543993 (Blooming Grove – Bushkill) 3.1.2014 – 3.2.2014 (complete)
- eDART 513883 (Sus230 – Stanton #2 230kV line) 9.8.2014 – 9.24.2014 (complete)
- eDART 490134 (Blooming Grove – Bushkill 230kV line) 7.7.2014 – 5.31.2015, (complete)
- eDART 541752 (Shawnee – Bushkill – Kittatinny 230kV line) 12.8.2014 – 12.12.2014 (complete)