PPL and PSE&G Assigned Baseline Project with PJM Ids
- PPL b0487 and b0487.1
- PSE&G b0489 and b0489.1 through b0489.9
- Build a new 500 kV transmission line Susquehanna – Lackawanna – Hopatcong – Roseland.
- In PA, upgrade of eight 230kV and one 500kV substations as well as construct one new 500kV substation with 500/230 kV transformation at Lackawanna
- In NJ, upgrade a 230kV and install two 500kV substations one with 500/230kV transformation at Roseland.
Based on the PJM analysis of 2012, the Susquehanna – Roseland project is required to resolve reliability criteria violations starting June 1, 2012
- The National Park Service (NPS) issued a Record of Decision (ROD) on October 2,2012 and a Special Use (Construction) Permit on December 12, 2012.
- PSE&G obtained written approval of the Project from NJ BPU on April 2010; a NJDEP Wetland and Flood Hazard Area Permits was issued on October 4, 2012.
- PPL obtained written approval of the project from PA PUC on February 12, 2010.
- On July 11, 2011, the Commonwealth Court issued an opinion affirming the Pennsylvania PUC's order that approved the siting and construction of the Pennsylvania portion of the Susquehanna-Roseland 500 kV transmission line. In affirming the Commission's order, the Court rejected the Energy Conservation Council's challenge to the need for the line and the Office of Consumer Advocate's challenge to beginning any construction of the line before all federal and state approvals have been obtained.
- PJM required in service: June 1, 2012.
- PPL - the Susquehanna to Lackawanna portion of the project was placed in-service on September 23, 2014. The remainder (Lackawanna to Hopatcong 500kV circuit) is on schedule to be in-service before June 2015.
- PSE&G - the Roseland to Hopatcong portion of the Project was energized March 31, 2014. The remainder of the Project is anticipated to be in-service by June 2015.
- PA all of the additional right of way required for the project has been secured
- PSE&G NJ minor additional right of way has been completed
Engineering / Design
- Overhead Transmission Design: PPL 100% complete, PSE&G 99% complete
- Substation Design: PPL 100% complete, PSE&G 99% complete
Equipment Procurement / Delivery
- Material contracts awarded through the second quarter of 2014: PPL 100%, PSE&G 100%
- Material contracts delivered through the second quarter of 2014: PPL 100%, PSE&G 100%
- PPL has completed all overhead line construction between Stanton and Peckville (both 230kV and 500kV circuits). Construction of both the 230kV and 500kV circuits is complete in the DEWA segment, and the 230kV circuit (Bushkill to Kittatiny) was returned to service in February 2014. The Paupack to Blooming Grove 230kV line was completed and placed in service on June 26, 2014, and the 500kV line construction of this segment was completed in early July 2014. Construction of the last line segment for PPL (Blooming Grove to Bushkill) commenced in early July with demolition of the existing 230kV circuit. Prior to the start of the Blooming Grove – Bushkill 230kV line outage in early July, several of the new structure foundations were installed under the existing 230kV line where clearances permitted. The construction of the new 500kV and 230kV lines in this segment is on schedule for completion in May 2015. Energizing of these lines (Lackawanna –Hopatcong 500kV and Blooming Grove – Bushkill 230kV) will also commence in May 2015.
- PPL started substation construction for the new 500kV substation at Lackawanna in second quarter of 2013. On September 23, 2014, the Susquehanna – Lackawanna 500kV line was energized and the Lackawanna 500/230kV substation was placed into full operation. The 230kV substation rebuild at Bushkill started in July 2014 and is on schedule to be in-service by December 2014. The 230kV substation upgrades at Lackawanna were completed in August 2014. The 230kV upgrades at Blooming Grove will be completed by December 2014.
- PSE&G all 230kV and 500kV work is complete. The Hopatcong to Roseland portion of the project was placed in service on April 1, 2014. West of Hopatcong and through the New Jersey side of the National Park all of the 230kV T-Lines are in service and the 500kV (T-Line 5063) is complete and ready for Energization once PPL has completed their work. Access Road restoration punch list items and Off-ROW restoration work continues.
- PSE&G has submitted required outages from Roseland to Kittatinny.
- eDART 383779 (Montville to Roseland E-2205) 9.29.2013 – 1.31.2014 (complete)
- eDART 402888 (Lake Illif – Newton N-2214) 12.29.2013 – 2.28.2014 (complete)
- eDART 384036 (Kittatiny – Newton T-2298) 3.5.2014 – 5.31.2014 (complete)
- eDART 476763 (Ramapo – Branchburg 5018) 2.7.2014 - 2.23.2014 (complete)
- eDART 552540 (Hopatcong – Roseland 5061) 3.31.2014 (complete)
- eDART 556660 (Lake Illif – Newton N-2214) 09.15.2014 – 09.18.2014 (complete)
- All future PPL outages are being evaluated by PJM. PPL has submitted:
- eDART 470083 (Peckville – Blooming Grove 230kV line) 3.1.2013 – 10.31.2013 (complete)
- eDART 490127 (Bushkill – Kittatinny 230kV line) 11.1.2013 – 2.28.2014 (complete)
- eDART 510174 (Peckville – Blooming Grove 230kV line) 3.4.2014 – 6.30.2014 (complete)
- eDART 543993 (Blooming Grove – Bushkill) 3.1.2014 – 3.2.2014 (complete)
- eDART 513883 (Sus230 – Stanton #2 230kV line) 9.8.2014 – 9.24.2014 (complete)
- eDART 490134 (Blooming Grove – Bushkill 230kV line) 7.7.2014 – 5.31.2015, (in progress)
- eDART 541752 (Shawnee – Bushkill – Kittatinny 230kV line) 12.8.2014 – 12.19.2014