This section includes communications from the PJM Board of Managers and documents submitted to the Board by stakeholders. These documents provide a way for stakeholders to communicate with the Board and allow all members to be aware of stakeholder-Board communications.
In accordance with Manual 34: PJM Stakeholder ProcessPDF, section 15.4, all stakeholders have the opportunity to provide written communication directly with the Board on issues of importance regarding subjects germane to PJM’s market design or operations, reliability operations or planning. All such written communication shall be made public consistent with PJM’s internal policies for handling such communications. Specific steps to be followed by members wishing to provide written communication directly with the Board are as follows:
- all such communication shall be addressed to the Board of Managers;
- all such communications shall be forwarded to the Members Committee secretary;
- the secretary shall ensure delivery to the Board;
- the secretary shall ensure that the communication is posted on PJM's website on this page; and
- the secretary shall provide notice to the members of the communication and provide a link to the posted document
These ex parte communication requirements apply to Transmission Expansion Advisory Committee-related communications from individual member to the Board as well.
In order for ex parte letters to be ensured to be read by the Board prior to a decision on a particular issue,
- Such ex parte letters intended to inform the Board on a particular issue just prior to a Board decision should be submitted 1 week prior to that Board meeting; and,
- PJM will notify members of each Board meeting date. Where possible, such notification will be at least 3 weeks in advance of each Board meeting;
- Nothing in this suggested timeline precludes members from submitting ex parte letters to the Board at any time.