Grid 20/20: Focus on Gas/Electric Interoperability
The purpose of GRID 20/20 is to provide PJM members and policy makers with cutting edge ideas, visions, and technologies that will transform electricity in the 21st
Industry experts and regulatory officials will address key questions during remarks or as part of panel discussions. Among the questions they will explore are:
- Why is gas-electric interoperability so important right now?
- What are the challenges of building natural gas pipelines and what will future needs be?
- What are the fundamental challenges in industry alignment right now?
- What are the benefits to both industries of coordination?
Wednesday, June 17
||Welcoming Remarks: Terry Boston – President & CEO, PJM Interconnection, LLC
||Keynote Speaker: Gordon van Welie – President & CEO, ISONE Inc.
Topic: Importance of Gas/Electric Interoperability
||Topic: Gas challenges and potential future of the pipelines
Moderator: Stan Brownell – Consultant, Monitoring Analytics, LLC
- Todd Bessemer – Director & Principal, Market Reform
- Todd Duffield – Manager of Gas Control & Pipeline Operations, Integrys Energy Group
- Joseph Kienle – Director, Dominion Transmission Inc.
- Richard Kruse – Vice President, Regulatory & FERC Chief Compliance Officer U.S. Transmission, Spectra Energy Corp.
||Topic: Electric industry changes, challenges and what's ahead
Moderator: Chantal Hendrzak – Executive Director, PJM Interconnection, LLC
- Bob Hayes – Vice President, Natural Gas Trading, Calpine Corp.
- Andy Ott – Executive Vice President, Markets, PJM Interconnection, LLC
- Gordon van Welie – President & CEO, ISONE, Inc.
- Sara Wilmer – Executive Consultant, Levitan & Associates, Inc.
||Guest Speaker – Philip D. Moeller – Commissioner, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
Topic: Possibilities and challenges in changing the gas industry supply chain and providing greater flexibility
||Topic: Potential Solutions
Moderator: Philip D. Moeller – Commissioner, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Michael Borgatti – Director of RTO Services, Gabel Associates
- Commissioner Asim Haque – Vice Chairman, Public Utilities Commission of Ohio
- Mike Kormos – Vice President, Operations, PJM Interconnection, LLC
- N. Jonathan Peress – Air Policy Director, Natural Gas, Environmental Defense Fund
||Closing Remarks: Terry Boston – President and CEO, PJM Interconnection, LLC