Grid 20/20: Focus on Gas/Electric Interoperability
The purpose of GRID 20/20 is to provide PJM members and policy makers with cutting edge ideas, visions, and technologies that will transform electricity in the 21st century.
Industry experts and regulatory officials will address key questions during remarks or as part of panel discussions. Among the questions they will explore are:
- Why is gas-electric interoperability so important right now?
- What are the challenges of building natural gas pipelines and what will future needs be?
- What are the fundamental challenges in industry alignment right now?
- What are the benefits to both industries of coordination?
PJM Conference & Training Center, Audubon, Pa.
In-person and WebEx participation is available by registering.
Wednesday, June 17
||Welcoming Remarks: Terry Boston – President and CEO, PJM
||Keynote Speaker: Gordon van Welie, ISONE
Topic: Importance of Gas/Electric Interoperability
||Topic: Gas challenges and potential future of the pipelines
Moderator: Stan Brownell, Consultant – SJB, LLC
- Joseph Kienle – Dominion
- Richard Kruse – Spectra Energy
- N. Jonathan Peress, Environmental Defense Fund
- LDC panelist invited, awaiting confirmation
||Topic: Electric industry changes, challenges and what's ahead
Moderator: Craig Glazer, Vice President, Federal Government Policy, PJM Interconnection
- Bob Hayes, Calpine
- Richard Levitan, Levitan & Associates
- Andy Ott, PJM Interconnection
- Gordon van Welie, ISONE
||Guest Speaker – Philip D. Moeller, Commissioner, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
Topic: Possibilities and challenges in changing the gas industry supply chain and providing greater flexibility
||Topic: Potential Solutions
Moderator: Philip D. Moeller, Commissioner - Federal Energy Regulatory Commission - TBD
- Commissioner Asim Haque, Ohio Commission
- Mike Kormos, PJM Interconnection
- Panelist invited, awaiting confirmation
||Closing Remarks: Terry Boston, President and CEO – PJM Interconnection