System Restoration Part 2
The course provides a review of the overall restoration process. Topics of discussion include black start units, coordinating load pick up during the restoration to maintain frequency and voltage within guidelines, the criteria needed to synchronize islands together and the criteria and information necessary to be communicated to transfer control back to PJM.
MOC Generation Dispatcher
- Restoring Power to Critical Facilities
- Black Start Generating Units
- Coordinating Load Pickup
- Load Restoration Exercises
- Frequency Control
- Coordinating Frequency and Tie Line Control
- Identifying Minimum Source Guidelines
- Minimum Sound Guidelines Exercises
- Transferring Control Back to PJM
NERC ILA #:
CEH/CEU eligible on completion of all course sessions.
There is no charge to PJM Members or Governmental Entities.
Non-members are charged a nominal fee.
Please contact Training Support
for more details.