PJM's tools allow energy transactions to take place. As a new member it is important to become familiar with the tools that you will need to use to transact your business with PJM. Please refer to the Tools Information section to learn more about each tool.
After becoming familiar with each tool, a new member should next identify which tools they would need to practice using. Several of them are available in a train environment which allows new members or new employees of members the opportunity to practice using each tool.
To register for FTR Center, Power Meter, ExSchedule and Markets Gateway train environments, follow the steps below:
- Go to the train environment
- Click on the "New User" button.
- Complete the registration.
- Contact your company's account manager for approval of your account registration request. If you don’t know who your company account manager is, sign into Account Manager, click the User Profile tab and click on the Account Managers link under the References section. Your account manager’s name will appear. Upon approval, your user name should be active.
- If you have any questions, contact PJM.
To register for eDART and OASIS train environments, contact PJM. Please provide your username and the train environment you would like access to (eDART or OASIS.)
Once you have registered, all tools, except for OASIS, can be accessed in the train environment.